Thursday, June 12, 2008

Moment of Insanity

I've reached San Diego. Well, technically Carlsbad, where we'll be staying until Sunday because if I don't have something rented by Sunday, well, I don't even want to go there, but it will be expensive.

My first impression is that this area is very much like where we lived in Phoenix. And I was not sad to leave Phoenix. Somehow I thought San Diego would be more like the East coast (a lot of small communities squished together) but with more laid-back people.

What the fuck was I thinking?

No no, it will definitely get better. I'm just freaked out is all. I've seen like five minutes of the place and it was during rush hour. I don't give the best first impression myself, so I need to give SD a break. I'm sure I'll find somewhere cool.

But seriously, what the fuck was I thinking?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OK breathe girl and then get to the following places to recharge your otherwise freaked self:

Mission Beach (very surfer, very awesome mexican place right on the main drag but a bit out of the way...wish I could remember the name but its a white building)

Gaslamp Quarter (downtown area, even though you don't really go for the Padres start just outside the GQ at Petco Park it is amazing and there are just cool structures & artwork all over the place down there. Restaurants where very awesome people hang out. Get a beer at the bar & just start talking to people, you will not be sorry!!)

Balboa Park (don't even bother with the zoo the first trip, its cool but instead see the botanical garden & the Japanese garden)

Drive over the bridge to Coronado & walk the beach because it is long and GORGEOUS and shouldn't be too very full this time of year.

That is semi-touristy get to know SD stuff you can do and you will discover more. I think the only $$ you would need is for the beer & the Japanese garden but otherwise all is free!!!! EXPLORE and enjoy. In 2 months you are totally going to forget you even thought it was anything like Phoenix :)

♥ Jenn ♥