Tuesday, August 14, 2007

More Experience, Less Things

This is my favorite thought right now. It would appear I'm a little late (as usual) to the party of this mantra, but I'm here now nonetheless. I started purging my closets months ago and there's been a perpetual pile of craigslist- and eBay-bound junk - er, stuff - on the floor of my bedroom ever since. I can't believe how much I've sold, and I still keep finding more to add to the pile, which is why it hasn't gone away completely for so long. I want to get down to the furniture and the things I absolutely can't live without. (Unfortunately, there's still quite a bit I can't live without!) I wanted to put all the money I make on these things into a fund to go on a retreat or just travel somewhere, but so far every time I've sold stuff I've been forced to use the money for bills or food. My current paycheck is simply not covering life's expenses. The good news is things are leaving my existence to be enjoyed elsewhere and the more space I make in my life, the freer I feel. Wealth comes in many forms. I'd like my next bit of wealth to be freedom from debt tho.

No comments: