Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Come Up to a Higher Vibration

Speaking of snakes and apples of knowledge... you should watch this video, even if you're pretty well-versed in the ideas it goes over in the first few minutes. It's about 20 minutes for both videos posted below (same video, two parts), but it's great information. And even if you've heard it all before, it never hurts to bring it back up to the front. :)

Don't worry, the subtitles are in Spanish, but the audio is English.

Also, one thing I picked up that I think is a mistake is that as he lists the chakras of Earth (around 5:48 in video 1), he mentions the heart chakra twice, skipping the third eye chakra by mistake. Oops. Saw a couple typos as well. But who's counting. :)

If you choose not to take the 20 minutes now to watch this, then you move on with your day and eventually forget to watch altogether as people often do, there is one thing I thought was truly powerful that everyone should take away. It comes up just around 6:45 in the second video. The speaker talks of a metaphor that goes like this:

This is the difference between the power of our Creator and anything else. Particularly evil. That you can go into a pitch black room full of evil, full of darkness, and light a little candle, and instantly that darkness flees. But you can't do the opposite. You can't go into a well-lit room full of truth and wisdom, and righteousness and joy, and health and harmony with the Universal power... you can't take any amount of darkness and go into that well-lit room and have any effect whatsoever. That is the metaphor which I frequently think of when I think that I'm not empowered. It is the greatest lesson for me, and I think for everybody else to know, that we are on the winning side.

As I listened to the speaker talk about this metaphor it brought to mind the bookmark I use to keep my place in the book in which I write the five things I'm thankful for each day (ok, most days). My bookmark says:

"All the darkness in the world cannot extinguish the light of a single candle."

The word "Faith" is stamped into the top (bookmark is metal). The words are attributed to Francis of Assisi.

Something to think about anyway.

No comments: